October is here, which means the holidays are right around the corner! Thinking about trading the snow for sand with a visit to Florida for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa? You won’t have to worry about squeezing into a relative’s crowded home during the holidays when you can book your own private vacation home through Kong Vacation Homes!
Family-owned and operated, Kong Vacation Homes offers private, secure rental homes in popular vacation spots throughout Florida, including Tampa Bay, Hallandale Beach, Davie, and Zephyrhills. Family is important to us, and we want to help your family create new holiday traditions!
If your home – or a relative’s home – isn’t large enough to accommodate all of the people who plan to gather around the holiday table, opting for a vacation rental is a great solution. You may be looking for a rental that is near your family’s permanent residence, or your family may choose to celebrate the season at a vacation home closer to a popular destination.
No matter which one of our properties you choose, the amenities at Kong Vacation Homes are sure to bring on the holiday cheer! The fully equipped kitchens make cooking easy, and the dining rooms can accommodate the entire family. Sofa-filled lounges, furnished outdoor decks, and fenced yards offer room for everyone to socialize and for kids to play. If you need a crib, pack-n-play, or high chair for the baby, all you have to do is ask! Several of our homes also have extra amenities, like hot tubs and pools!
If you have a large family, consider a private estate like Saint Patrick Palace in Davie that has more than enough room for everyone!
But, before you book your vacation home for the holidays, there are some things you need to know:
- Thanksgiving through New Year is a busy time for travel, which may influence pricing. Make sure to book as far in advance as possible for the best price.
- Read the entire property description and the rental agreement for the vacation home you plan to book. If you have any questions about what the rental includes, contact the owner.
- Make sure you have a budget for the vacation home, and everyone has agreed to it in advance. Make sure that you clearly understand the refund and cancellation policies.
- If you’re planning to share the vacation home with family members, talk with everyone about the expectations they have for the holiday getaway. If you have specific needs for your accommodations, reach out to the property’s owner with the request.
- If decorations are on your “must have” list, ask the owner if they decorate the home for the holidays or if it’s okay for you to do so. Make sure to be specific about the decorations you have in mind, like lights or tinsel!
- If you’re planning on hosting a dinner at home, make sure you’re familiar with the rules concerning parties and plan to follow them. Small family gatherings are one thing, but parties are prohibited in most vacation homes.
- Check out the area near your rental for places of worship, holiday activities, or other amenities. In the Tampa Bay area, you can find “Christmas in the Wild” at ZooTampa, “Christmas Town” at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and even a “Winter Village” at Curtis Hixon Park downtown. South Florida offers “Santa’s Enchanted Forest,” the world’s largest holiday theme park in Miami, and “Zoo Lights” at Zoo Miami, as well as other light displays and festive boat parades!
We look forward to spending the holidays with you, and we hope you feel like part of our family during your stay! All of our available properties are listed here on our website. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call 866-499-9026.